CSR Poland Awards 2024 – Regulations
§ 1 GENERAL
1. The organiser of the “CSR Poland Awards” Contest [“Contest” or “CSR Poland Awards”] is the Poland Business Run Foundation [“Organiser”] with its registered office in Kraków, ul. Siemiradzkiego 17/2, 31-137 Kraków. 2) The Awards are granted by the Contest Jury [“Contest Jury”] appointed by the Organiser.
2. Prizes in the Competition are awarded by the Contest Jury [“Contest Jury”], appointed by the Organiser.
3. The Award is granted to persons and companies involved in activities in the area of corporate social responsibility [“Participants”], which in 2023 implemented a CSR project in one of the Contest categories.
§ 2 OBJECTIVES OF THE COMPETITION
1. To recognize, appreciate and honor Participants who have made a significant contribution to the implementation of social initiatives and have contributed to increasing the responsibility of business in Poland.
2. To promote social innovation among business representatives.
3. To motivate employees to implement CSR initiatives and develop an attitude of responsibility within and outside the company.
4. To raise awareness of the concept of corporate social responsibility.
§ 3 CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. The Competition Participant may be any legal entity (company, institution or organization) with a registered office or branch in Poland that carries out CSR activities.
2. The Competition Participant may only submit his own projects or those of an employee employed by him.
3. The condition for participation in the competition is to submit a competition application by correctly completing and validating the electronic form available at csrpoland.pl. Depending on the selected category, the application must concern:
a) CSR project that was implemented in 2023
b) an employee who in 2023 distinguished himself by his involvement in the area of CSR.
4. The Participant is responsible for the correctness of the information contained in the application. Entries that are incomplete or inconsistent with the provisions of the regulations will be considered invalid.
5. Submitting a competition entry requires acceptance of the provisions of these regulations.
6. Applications are accepted from November 6, 2023 to February 2, 2024. Entries submitted outside the deadline will be considered invalid.
7. The participant may submit any number of competition entries, subject to point. 7.
8. Each participant is entitled to two free competition entries in any category.
9. Each subsequent notification is subject to an additional administrative fee of PLN 500 net (in words: five hundred net zlotys), plus the applicable VAT of 23%.
a) the payment should be made to the indicated bank account number of the Organizer within 7 days from the date of notification, but no later than February 2, 2024.
b) the lack of an administration fee results in additional applications being considered invalid.
c) The Organizer will issue a VAT invoice to the Participant for participation in the competition based on the Participant’s data provided in the competition application.
d) The Participant declares that he accepts invoices sent electronically.
10. Participation in the Competition may not in any way violate applicable law, principles of social coexistence, good customs, general principles or any of the provisions of the Regulations. If any violation is detected, the Organizer has the right to exclude the Participant from participation in the Competition.
11. The Organizer reserves the right to additionally verify the information contained in the competition entries, including requesting the Participant to submit specific declarations, explanations, documents or provide additional data.
§ 4 COMPETITION CATEGORIES
1. Awards are given in 4 main categories:
a) Community engagement – social projects that have been implemented by the company for its external environment.
b) Volunteering – social projects implemented by the company with the participation of its employees as volunteers.
c) Employee wellbeing – projects that the company implemented for its own employees, taking care of their physical, psychological, financial, professional and social well-being.
d) CSR Leader – a person who acts as an ambassador of social projects in a given company, encourages others to be active, motivates the team to act and makes the company more open and accessible.
2. Among all the submitted applications, the best project in the field of activities for people with disabilities (Accessibility and inclusivity) will be additionally selected and awarded.
3. The organizer reserves the right not to award a prize in a specific category if too few candidates are submitted.
§ 5 EVALUATION CRITERIA
1. Applications are considered correctly and completely completed.
2. The Contest Jury takes into account in particular:
a) in the Community Engagement, Volunteering, Employee wellbeing category:
- justification for the project implementation,
- originality and innovation of undertaken activities,
- achieved results, their durability and impact on social change,
- the level of involvement of the company and employees in the project implementation,
- maximization of effects – the ratio of the results achieved to the expenditure incurred
b) in the CSR Leader category:
- employee involvement in social activities,
- quantity and quality of completed projects,
- originality and innovation of undertaken activities,
- achieved results, their durability and impact on social change,
- the effect of motivating other employees to take social action.
§ 6 CONTEST JURY
1. The Contest Jury consists of 5 people with corporate social responsibility experience.
2. The meeting of the Jury will take place no later than 11.03.2022. The meeting shall be convened by the Organizer, sending written notice of the place and date of the meeting.
3. Selection of winners will be by secret ballot (voting may be preceded by discussion) during 3 stages:
a) Stage I – selection of up to 6 nominees from each category on the basis of a simple majority of votes;
b) Stage II – qualifying 3 nominations for the award.
b) Stage III – selection of the winner from among the previously selected nominations.
4. The Contest Jury reserves the right not to award any prize or to award two equal prizes in each category.
5. Decisions of the Contest Jury are final and not subject to appeal.
6. Members of the Contest Jury are obliged not to disclose the results of deliberations and voting until the official results are announced.
7. Members of the Contest Jury shall abstain from voting in the case of candidates with a conflict of interest.
8. The course of work of the Competition Jury was regulated by separate regulations.
§ 7 AWARDS
1. The prizes in the Contest are statuettes.
2. The official announcement of the winners and the award ceremony will take place on March 21, 2024 at 7:00 p.m. during the “CSR Poland Awards” Gala in Krakow.
3. The competition results will be published on the website csrpoland.pl and sent to the media after their official announcement.
4. The winners have the right to publish information about the prize in their news channels.
5. The Competition Partners, in consultation with the Organizer, may provide additional prizes for the Participants.
6. If the Participant is unable to collect the prize in person during the Gala, he or she will arrange directly with the Organizer the method, time and place of its delivery.
7. The participant is entitled to waive the prize, but in this situation he is not entitled to exchange the prize or obtain a cash equivalent. The waiver is based on the Participant’s written declaration. In this situation, the Organizer may award the prize to another entity.
§ 8 PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
In relation to the processing of personal data, we inform you – in accordance with Article 13(1) and (2) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27.04.2016 on the protection of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/6/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) ( Official Journal of the EU L of 04.05.2016, No. 119, p. 1) hereinafter referred to as “RODO”, that:
1. the administrator of the personal data is the Poland Business Run Foundation with its registered office at ul. H. Siemiradzkiego 17/2, 31-137 Kraków. As part of the execution of the Contest and in connection with the protection of personal data, Participants may contact at the following e-mail address: [email protected] and at the e-mail address of the Data Protection Inspector of the Poland Business Run Foundation: [email protected].
2. Personal data of the Contest Participants will be processed for:
(a) organization of the competition entitled “CSR Poland Awards”, evaluation of the works and selection of the winners of the contest, as well as for the publication of the contest results on the Organizers’ websites and on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram profiles – solely on the basis of the consent granted to us by you (legal basis: Article 6(1)(a) RODO);
b) accounting for the contest – in the case of receiving a prize, i.e. fulfilling our legal and tax obligations (legal basis: Article 6(1)(c) RODO, the Personal Income Tax Act of July 26, 1991);
(c) to respond to possible inquiries from participants, which is a legitimate interest of the Administrators (legal basis: Article 6(1)(f) RODO);
d) use of the participant’s image – in the form of photos of the prize distribution and their publicizing on the Organizers’ websites and on their Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram profiles – solely on the basis of the consent given to us by the Participant (legal basis: Article 6(1)(a) RODO).
3. Recipients of personal data will be entities authorized under the law or the entrustment agreement concluded with the Organizer. Personal data of the contest participants will also be transferred to the members of the Contest Chapter and processed only for the purpose of evaluating the entries and selecting the winners of the Contest.
4. Personal data will be processed no longer than necessary for the proper conduct and implementation of the competition, and then for the period of storage of accounting and tax documentation resulting from the provisions of law (5 years), the assertion of claims of a civil law nature, for archival purposes (in accordance with applicable regulations on archiving documentation arising from the operation of a state entity), and in the case of data processed on the basis of consent – until its revocation.
5. Provision of personal data is voluntary, but necessary to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide or providing incomplete personal data will result in inability to participate. The Participant’s consent to disseminate his/her image is necessary to participate in the Contest.
6. In connection with the processing of personal data, the participant has the right to:
(a) Access to the content of personal data,
(b) The right to rectification of data,
(c) Deletion of personal data,
d) Restriction of the processing of personal data,
e) Data portability,
f) To object to the processing of data,
g) Revoke consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of consent before its revocation – if the processing is carried out on the basis of consent granted to us, – in the cases and under the conditions specified in the RODO. The rights listed in points 1-7 above can be exercised by contacting one of the Administrators.
7. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection when it is justified that your personal data is processed by the Administrator contrary to the provisions of the General Regulation.
8. Your personal data will not be processed by automated means, including profiling.
9. Your personal data will not be transferred to international organizations; however, they may be transferred to third countries (including the USA) through the Administrator’s use of tools of companies with headquarters or branches outside the EU.
§ 9 FINAL PROVISIONS
1. The Competition Regulations are available at the Organizer’s office and on the website csrpoland.pl.
2. A description of the rules of participation may appear in the Organizer’s announcements. These messages are for informational purposes. Only the provisions of these Regulations have legal force.
3. All complaints related to the process of conducting the Competition may be sent in writing to [email protected] and will be considered within 30 days from the date of delivery.
4. The Organizer reserves the right to change the Regulations. Each change will be in writing and will be published on the website csrpoland.pl.
5. The final interpretation of these Regulations rests with the Organizer.
6. In matters not regulated by these Regulations, the relevant provisions of the Civil Code shall apply.